First Presbyterian Church - Receptionist (Part-Time)
Job Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Afternoon, Monday through Friday
Reporting Relationship: Office Manager
The Receptionist serves the body of First Presbyterian Church (“Church”) by answering phone calls and greeting visitors. This position works closely with each ministry area.
- Exhibits a passion for God and a Christ-like spirit.
- Organizes and maintains Church supplies.
- Manages the phone system.
- Greets callers and visitors in a warm and gracious way.
- Provides a brief orientation to those visitors who come to see our Tiffany Windows.
- Helps with any special mailings.
- Makes copies for various Church staff.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, data entry, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- One (1) year of experience in an office setting is required.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filling, faxing, and processing paperwork.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrates initiative to complete tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Uphold and work within the policies and procedures of the First Presbyterian Church of Topeka, KS, which is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional environment in the Church office, sanctuary, classroom and/or outdoor setting.
- Interaction with staff, members and visitors.
To apply for this position, click here.