CoreFirst Bank & Trust - Personal Banker - Croco
Reports to: Branch Sales Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Schedule: Hours vary between 7:00am-7:00pm Monday- Friday; 9:00am-1:00pm Saturday
Location: Topeka, KS
Personal Bankers assist existing and potential bank customers with products and services. This key sales and service role generates new business and strengthens household relationships by selling the benefits of CoreFirst products and services. Helps perform outbound sales calls and other business-generating activity.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Illustrates and sells the benefits of CoreFirst products and services to prospective and current customers to generate new business and strengthen existing household relationships.
- Open banking accounts, process loan applications, answer customers’ questions, perform account maintenance, and assist customers with bank processes and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting assigned branch sales goals.
- Participates in daily branch operations including, but not limited to, opening and/or closing the branch, balancing the vault, assisting with completion of internal records and audit logs, administering safe deposit box needs, performing teller duties as required, and carrying out other administrative functions, as needed.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Requires One (1) year of customer service experience, including cash handling.
- One (1) year of banking experience strongly preferred.
- Six (6) months of sales experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Work involves interactions with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature when working through escalations. Additional skills include developing relationships, motivating, influencing, and training others. Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when handling complex situations.
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. High level of skill in the CoreFirst Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Working knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft suite.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in procedure and/or technology.
- Proficiency with process and procedures related to consumer deposit and loan products.
- Professionalism and composure; strong sales awareness; ability to contribute to a motived environment; ability to monitor key details and set priorities; goal-oriented mindset.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, and for the purpose of covering shifts at other branches. Some evening travel may be needed, occasionally, for the purposes of training which may in the Topeka area.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen and background check.
- Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
- CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click here to apply!