Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association of Kansas - Administrative Manager
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: As Negotiated in Offer Letter
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
The Administrative Manager for Tank Management Services (TMS) is responsible for providing office management and clerical support to the Executive Director and overseeing the day-to-day operations of TMS. TMS is a subsidiary of the Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association of Kansas (PMCA), a non-profit trade association representing over 300 members. TMS offers products and services to fuel distributors and convenience retailers in Kansas.
- Supports the Accountant with daily bookkeeping responsibilities by reconciling balances, preparing journal entries, and maintaining journal entries by entering and editing data.
- Manages accounts receivable by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, following policies and procedures, and ensuring that all information is kept confidential.
- Generates and reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Ensures all monies are accounted for and deposited daily.
- Monitors procedures and analysis of Statistical Inventory Reconciliation (“SIR”).
- Prepares and reviews contracts for SIR.
- Reviews and revises TMS Newsletter and Magazine.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to gather data for budget preparation, meetings and presentations.
- Maintains knowledge of all aspects of TMS and each profit center.
- Works collaboratively with TMS staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of TMS.
- Assists the Executive Director with the development of marketing procedures for new external programs and services for membership, internal policies, procedural, and organization initiatives which enhance PMCA’s ability to better serve their members.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in a similar role is required.
- General bookkeeping and accounting knowledge obtained through work experience is required.
- Valid drivers’ license is required.
- Computer experience including QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Software (MS Outlook, Excel and Word) is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to use a ten key.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to effectively deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to think critically and use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ability to or willingness to learn how to effectively utilize social media.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of TMS.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
To apply for this position, click here.