Capper Foundation - Marketing Specialist
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: As negotiated
Reporting Relationship: Vice President Development & Marketing
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for working with the Development and Marketing Teams to achieve the implementation of the marketing plan goals and objectives, building organizational awareness in the community, and growing referrals and charitable support for the services provided by Capper Foundation. Duties listed below comprise the responsibilities of the Marketing Team, with roles being assigned by project and skill capacity of team members. Team members are expected to develop cross-trained skills of listed responsibilities.
- Assist in the production of communications materials for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to direct mail pieces, media releases, ads, program brochures, newsletters, electronic sign update, social media and website maintenance and updates.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager to develop promotional and event materials, media scripts, etc. to support promotion of special events.
- Assist with creation of video and photography documentation of the organization’s services, programs and events.
- Maintain inventory of administrative letterhead, envelopes and promotional pieces.
- Serve on the Board Marketing Committee and assist with documenting and maintaining meeting minutes. Assist with meeting reminders to committee members.
- Secure emails and maintain email list for promotional purposes and outreach to donor base and community partners.
- Assist in scheduling media interviews, ad placement and cooperatively work with external advertising outlets, maintaining positive relationships.
- Assist with securing quotes from outside vendors for services, arrange order placement and monitor quality and timely delivery.
- Produce weekly status report and submit to VP Development & Marketing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by VP Development & Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive personal computing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with conceptual and graphic design for print and electronic media, photography, video, website management, with proficiency in Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere.
- Understanding and experience to monitor online activity in social media platforms, such as Facebook Insights, Twitter, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience using WordPress for updating Capper Foundation website content, photos, links and forms.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines handling several assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate and interact with internal staff and external contacts.
- Take instruction and offer feedback.
- Availability to travel.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Pass background checks and drug test per Capper Foundation procedures.
- Regularly required to speak and hear.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
To apply for this position, click here.