Goff & Herrington, P.C. - Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Company: Goff & Herrington, P.C. - Lufkin, Texas
Position: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Partners
The Office Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective and efficiently performing office by organizing and managing office operations and procedures. The Office Manager maintains supplies and manages internal Firm communications. The Office Manager is also responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative functions of the firm including clerical duties, scanning, greeting clients, answering the phone and assisting employees, as needed. Responsibilities will also include bookkeeping and data entry functions. This position requires excellent communication skills, organization, the ability to work with diverse personalities, attention to detail and the ability to make mindful decisions which benefit the Firm, staff and its clients.
- Answers telephone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner and provides employees, and clients with excellent customer service which results in outstanding employee and client relations.
- Provides for the custodianship and protection of all client records, as well as other confidential records of the Firm.
- Receives, organizes and prepares complete, accurate and timely information for disseminating to clients.
- Data input responsibilities as necessary for bookkeeping and payroll clients.
- Continuously analyzes and evaluates workflow processes throughout the Firm including: office operations, technology, and internal communications to identify areas of deficiencies.
- Stays up-to-date on technological advancements within the industry.
- Prepares small tax returns as assigned.
- Facilitates all office purchases and expenses.
- Properly maintains assigned office equipment and ensures the work environment is organized to a high expectation.
- Ensures that all data forwarded to other clients and employees is consistent, prepared accurately, neatly and is delivered in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed by the Firm’s Partners.
- Minimum of three (3) years in an office environment.
- Basic knowledge in the area of human resources is preferred.
- Bookkeeping, accounting and payroll experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to prioritize daily work and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge; specifically, in regard to record keeping applications.
- Advanced follow-up skills with the ability to maintain professional relationships with staff members including times during frequent demands.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and support.
- Ability to think innovatively and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Frequent interaction with staff and clients.
To apply to this position, please click here.