Industrial Maintenance, Inc. - Welder
Company: Industrial Maintenance, Inc.
Job Title: Welder
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports Relationship: Lead Welder
Under the director of the Lead Welder, the Welder will complete welding jobs based on work orders in a timely and efficient manner. The Welder will also assist the Lead Welder in planning welding procedures to ensure safety standards are being met.
- Read and interpret blueprints and detailed drawings including welding symbols and follow various work instructions.
- Weld various materials using appropriate and approved welding procedures.
- Set-up and operate welding equipment.
- Ensure sufficient tools and supplies are available to allow welding work to be performed efficiently.
- Complete welding work in a timely manner and in accordance with IMI policy and specification.
- Attend site specific training and follow procedures as outlined in training.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of welding experience preferred.
- Welding certification preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percentages.
- Ability to complete work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to fifty (50) pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving and manipulating materials.
- Ability to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Frequent exposure to extreme cold and heat.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, and vibration.
- Moderate to high noise level.
- Interaction with team members and clients in both remote and on-site locations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, overtime, and weekends as required.
To apply to this position, please click here.