Manhattan Area Technical College - AT Program Assistant
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 8am – 4pm
Compensation: Grade 7 (Salary Range $12.12 - $16.42 per hour)
Reporting Relationship: Vice President of Student Success
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Automotive Technology Program Assistant, provides support to the lead program faculty instructor in assisting trainees/participants towards their educational goals. The program assistant is responsible for supporting the AT faculty in planning and coordinating program activities that continually promote the development and effective use of skills in areas, such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, computation, problem solving, and decision-making in a student-centered learning environment.
I. In Coordination with the Lead Program Faculty:
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline
- Connect subject matter with related professional/employment field
- Work constantly to instill in participants the technical competencies and employment behavior expected within the specific career field.
- Maintain a lab environment conducive to effective learning focused on learner-centered practices.
- Enforce appropriate rules and expectations of participants in the facilities(s) that are in compliance with MATC policies/procedures and that result in a safe, effective learning environment.
- Ensure that safe and reasonable precautions are implemented to protect participants, equipment, and facilities.
II. Participation in College and Program Activities
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, college committees, and college activities.
- Participate in professional development opportunities both within and outside MATC.
- Engagement with state meetings, through KBOR, regarding compliance of the program discipline.
III. Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs
- Communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public the mission and operation of Manhattan Area Technical College and the specific program.
- Cooperate with other members of the MATC staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assist in the operation and management of MATC through effective planning and communication with administration and all staff personnel.
- Assist in the selection of resource materials and equipment and make facility improvement recommendations.
- Assist the lead faculty in the program with recruitment and additional creation and opportunities of workforce training to increase program capacity.
- Increase industry and secondary institution partnerships and participation on program advisory board.
VII. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Certificate and/or AAS in program discipline;
- SP2 Safety Training certification required; ASE certifications preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience preferred
- Post-secondary teaching or industry trainer experience (preferred).
- Strong computer and word processing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including public speaking and ability to present MATC in a positive way.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, and faculty.
- Display a student-centered approach.
- Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Ability to attend events as required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interaction with students, staff and guests.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
- Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an “at-will” employee.
- All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered “responsible employees” pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
- Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
- All ‘offers of employment” are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.
MANHATTAN AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE COMPLY WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATIONAL AMENDMENTS OF 1972. WE COMPLY WITH THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, THE VIETNAM ERA VETERANS’ READJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1974, AND THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.