Friends of the Topeka Zoo - Guest Service Manager
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, some nights and weekends
Reporting Relationship: Friends of Topeka Zoo (“FOTZ”) Executive Director
Supervises: Guest Service Ambassador Staff, Shift Supervisor/Part-Time Manager
The Guest Service Manager is responsible for developing, directing, and maintaining Guest Service operations. The Guest Service Manager provides guests with zoo information, customer service and general assistance.
- Provides oversight for the day-to-day Guest Service operations including Ticketing, Retail, Concessions, Environmental Services, and Event Rentals.
- Performs Guest Service staff recruitment, supervision, and appraisals.
- Trains staff to deliver a high standard of service.
- Develops Guest Service procedures and standards.
- Establishes and maintains Guest Service Staff availability, schedules, and shifts.
- Keeps staffing hours within budget.
- Inventories supplies and purchases consumable and non-consumable goods for Food Services and Environmental Services.
- Purchases equipment.
- Maintains and prioritizes Guest Service projects and goals.
- Ensures all Guest Service equipment is clean and functional.
- Performs breaks and assists where needed.
- Serves as a primary point of contact addressing guests needs, greeting and directing visitors, and assisting guests with questions or complaints.
- Assists in coordinating events and event rentals.
- Maintains and pursues monthly revenue goals.
- Communicates on-site issues or improvement needs to the Executive Director.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- ServSafe Certification preferred, but not required.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related professional experience is required.
- Valid drivers’ license is required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening, including criminal background check.
- Reliable and punctual attendance habits.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Creative, innovative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff and guests.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, donor prospects, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to display friendliness and enthusiasm with a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to collaborate in a teamwork environment.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Commitment to the mission of the Topeka Zoo and its Core Values.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, e-mail and mail, talk on the phone.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events required.
- Ability to move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Partial outdoor work required.
- Although most work is performed within scheduled hours, some irregular hours on evenings, weekends, and holidays may be necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply click here!