Tender Loving Care - Reservation Specialist
Company: Tender Loving Care Pet Nursing Hotel
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer
The Reservation Specialist is responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, handling payments, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties. This position will handle the intake and release of pets from Tender Loving Care Pet Nursing Hotel (“TLC”).
- Maintains a clean and well-organized reception area. Performs opening and closing routines, including, but not limited to, unlocking doors, turning on lights, and de-arming TLC offices.
- Enthusiastically and warmly greets customers by phone and/or in-person.
- Reviews calendar daily and checks for online reservations. Books and confirms, as needed.
- Schedules tours and adds pet parents to TLC mailing list. Provides marketing brochures, as needed.
- Monitors the use of stress reducing music.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and maintaining records management database systems.
- Answers and responds to phone calls from disgruntled customers in a prompt and courteous manner and provides any requested information to them via fax, email, or mail.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Issues TLC Thank You Letter and link to follow-up survey.
- Contacts wait list guests, if appropriate.
- Performs additional duties, as needed.
- Explains rules, fees, and hotel procedures to pet parents. Provides basic information to customer and/or potential customer over the phone or in-person.
- Uses proprietary office management software to check-in the pet parents and pet upon entering TLC and accurately records the name, age, breed, phone number, address, etc. from the intake session.
- Uses the point-of sale system (POS) to accept payment after the intake session. Explains accepted payment options to pet parents, as needed, and collects necessary copies of pet vaccination records.
- Distributes any relevant data to pet parent, including the guests' daily report.
- Communicates with the Veterinary Technician requests for a pet to be taken to the appropriate suite, a pet to be brought to the lobby for a pet parent pick-up, or an escort for cat guests.
- Handles the intake and release of pets from the daycare and boarding facility.
- Reports to pet parents about the health and well-being of their pet.
- Updates Emergency Contact list to reflect current TLC occupants.
- Sends photo(s) and video(s) of pet to pet parent, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Two (2) years or more of experience performing similar duties.
- Demonstrated proficiency of computers and proprietary software.
- Prior experience working in a veterinary clinic, pet store or doggie daycare, preferred.
- Prior experience interacting with animals, preferred.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high energy and a positive attitude while being professional and efficient.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of TLC.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to effectively deal with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, e-mail and mail, talk on the phone.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events required.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to handle pets up to one hundred fifty (150) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff, pet parents and pets, and Veterinarians.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply click here!