Kansas Grain Inspection Service, Inc. - Certification Specialist (Dodge City, KS)
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Service Point Manager
The Certification Specialist is responsible for reviewing and providing grain certifications.
- Collaborates with Inspectors and Samplers to provide accurate grain certifications.
- Provides excellent customer service by managing difficult or emotional situations, responding promptly to customer needs, and addressing and resolving questions, complaints, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintains clean facilities, and complies with all state and federal regulations pertaining to a safe workplace, housekeeping, and all activities which require regulation compliance.
- Complies with KGIS’ policies and procedures, completes standard reporting and meets quality standards to ensure consistency in execution and operations.
- Maintains and promotes safety awareness, and follows safety policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Attends meetings and trainings, and performs additional duties as assigned by the Service Point Manager.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- 1-3 months of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to Obtain USDA/FGIS license to perform Technician functions (moisture, test weight, dockage and foreign materials).
- Ability to work long hours on a seasonal and unscheduled basis.
- Ability to communicate with people outside of the organization, representing KGIS to customers, the public, government, and other external stakeholders. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to think quickly and perform a mental assessment of workplace hazards, take appropriate precautions and choose appropriate PPE as dictated by need, regulation and labeling.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of KGIS.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and vibration.
- Moderate noise level.
- This position is regularly exposed to grain dust including wheat, corn, milo and soybeans.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!