CBW Bank - Head of Information Technology and Operations
Company: CBW Bank
Position: Head of Information Technology and Operations
Location: Topeka, KS
CBW Bank was founded in 1892 in Weir, KS. In 2009, it was acquired by its current management team, which includes ex-Google, ex-Yahoo and Wall Street executives. With rapidly evolving technologies and regulations, CBW Bank expects to continue, in conjunction with its partners, to develop and launch products and services that leverage these changes and innovations to serve its customers better.
The Head of Information Technology and Operations is an organizational leader that is responsible for managing the Information Technology (“IT”) Department and Operations for CBW Bank (“Bank”), including developing strategic plans based on the Bank’s goals that will promote growth and customer satisfaction, through collaboration with senior leadership team.
- Oversees, directs, and organizes the work of the operations, and information technology teams.
- Runs the day-to-day operations of the Bank.
- Provides local leadership in all matters related to the local team; shape the culture and impact morale positively.
- Ensures staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Provides reporting, analysis and forecasting to facilitate strategic decision making and to track performance to operating goals.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the CBW Bank’s operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Upgrades and implements an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Cultivates and maintains external relationships with relevant corporate customers, member organizations, and state-regulated groups.
- Executes partnerships, including prospecting, solicitation, acquisition, and stewardship.
- Identifies and engages new prospects, simultaneously driving multiple opportunities.
- Leads the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Benchmarks, analyzes, reports on and makes recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversees provision of end-user services, including the help desk and technical support services.
- Develops and implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Works with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Represents the Bank at community, business networking and trade association functions.
- Approves and oversees projects.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of management experience within the banking industry.
- Extensive knowledge of all banking concepts, and applicable regulations.
- Proficiency in information technology and computer knowledge, including technology trends relevant to the industry.
- Demonstrable poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Demonstrable ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and negotiating skills with ability to recognize and respond to sales opportunities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, click here!