CBW Bank - Lending Compliance Officer
Company: CBW Bank
Position: Lending Compliance Officer
Location: Topeka, KS
CBW Bank was founded in 1892 in Weir, KS. In 2009, it was acquired by its current management team, which includes ex-Google, ex-Yahoo and Wall Street executives. With rapidly evolving technologies and regulations, CBW Bank expects to continue, in conjunction with its partners, to develop and launch products and services that leverage these changes and innovations to serve its customers better.
The Lending Compliance Officer has the overall responsibilities to ensure that the Bank achieves optimum compliance with all lending related banking and consumer protection laws. The incumbent will work with all departments to ensure that the needs of the organization are met in their corporate and regulatory oversight responsibilities.
- Will be consulted regarding the development of policies and procedures for new regulations, products and any changes.
- Produces various tracking reports to evidence regulatory compliance.
- Carries out internal reviews of the Bank’s lending program to ensure compliance with lending and consumer compliance regulations
- Works with all areas of the Bank to ensure an effective compliance program is in place at all times.
- Assists in managing the lending compliance exams and audits and be an information source.
- Reviews policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the institution’s stated policies and procedures.
- Conducts or arranges compliance required training for Bank employees.
- Researches regulatory questions by staff.
- Tracks regulatory proposals and final rules to gauge their impact to the Bank.
- Coordinates regulatory compliance examinations (both federal & state).
- Serves as liaison between the Bank and regulatory examiners.
- Monitors all complaints received by the Bank to determine if a compliance weakness is present.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Prepares and presents periodic compliance reports for management.
- Reviews and revises bank forms and disclosures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Works on special projects as requested by senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring all applicable reports are filed with the proper authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implements and maintains risk assessments.
- Ensures additional controls are in place for those high-risk customers to help mitigate risk to the Bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related experience.
- Above average knowledge of state and federal lending related compliance laws and practices.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Possesses a track record of integrity and commitment to professional standards.
- Possesses superior and oral written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare coherent, cogent reports on compliance matters.
- Demonstrates ability to forge cohesive and effective working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results, prioritizes and resolves conflict when necessary, demonstrates strong organizational, analytical, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, click here!