Kansas Optometric Association - Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Regular business hours and as needed
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director and other employees as assigned. This position prepares correspondence, receives and directs visitors, arranges conference calls, schedules meetings, as well as other general office support.
- Serves as the entry contact for the Kansas Optometric Association [“KOA”], including phone and walk-in traffic.
- Assists with member communications, including print and electronic communications.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Plans and schedules meetings, presentations, other office-related events and sends reminders of upcoming appointments.
- Communicates with constituents through print, email, phone social media, or as needed.
- Assists with the preparations, staffing and coordination of events.
- Performs general office duties including: Filing, assisting with mailing, and answering the telephone.
- Monitors and maintains office equipment and supplies/ requests repair or restocking when necessary.
- Ensures office is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Always represents KOA professionally and positively.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- At least one (1) year of full-time administrative experience is preferred.
- Experience and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!