Capper Foundation - Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: Accounting Manager
The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the President & CEO, Executive VP & CFO and other senior management, as needed. This position will process accounts payable and support a variety of accounting activities.
- Provides administrative support to the President & CEO, Executive VP & CFO and other senior managers as needed.
- Provides relief coverage at the reception desk for the Receptionist, as scheduled.
- Collects weekly status reports from managers and distributes copies to Senior Management Team members.
- Prepares agendas for weekly Senior Management Team meetings and monthly Total Staff meetings.
- Prepares agendas and supporting materials for Board of Trustees meetings. Prepares minutes of bi-monthly Board of Trustees meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Maintains and updates Board of Trustees manuals and notebooks as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of the Three-Year Strategic Plan and One-Year Operational Plans.
- Schedules and assists in the planning and preparation of organizational activities and meetings throughout the year, including monthly Total Staff, annual Staff Recognition event and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices and transactions. Distributes processed checks and files check documentation.
- Supports the daily functions of the business office to include ordering office supplies, and copier and fax operations.
- Provides support for accounting activities, as needed.
- Verifies documentation of transactions for persons supported checking accounts and purchasing cards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field and minimum two (2) years in an administrative role preferred. Experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with computerized general accounting programs preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, clients and visitors.
- Ability to organize, plan, set priorities with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Works collaboratively with Capper Foundation staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Capper Foundation.
- Ability to effectively work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and be held accountable for results.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, e-mail and mail, talk on the phone for an extended period of time.
- Ability to move up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- This position may occasionally have direct contact with individuals who have physical and/or developmental disabilities and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employee is required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!