MPCA - Recruitment and Workforce Development Specialist
Title: Recruitment and Workforce Development Specialist
Job Classification: Nonexempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Structure: Director of Recruitment and Workforce Development
Location: Jefferson City, MO [on-site]
Are you ready to work for the best place around? Do you have the passion and drive to help others? Then check us out! We are looking for an engaging, friendly, and approachable person to join our dynamic workforce development and recruitment team. We are a unique and distinctive non-profit association with a mission to improve access to health care. This position will work to assist healthcare providers located in our great state’s rural and underserved areas with finding the qualified staff they need to take care of Missourians!
Why Should You Apply?
- Reputable and established Non-Profit Organization.
- Highly Competitive Benefits & Compensation Packages (Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Days, Options for Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401 (K), Paid Holidays…just to name a few)
- Use your skills and talents to do some rewarding work.
- Surround yourself with experts of the healthcare industry. Our team loves what they do and are pretty awesome too!
The Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA) is a non-profit organization, which explores and implements activities aimed at providing and promoting high quality, accessible health care services to underserved urban and rural populations in Missouri.
The Recruitment and Workforce Development Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of Recruitment and Workforce Development in the daily operations of Missouri Health Professional Placement Services (MHPPS) which matches healthcare professionals with job opportunities throughout Missouri’s rural and underserved communities. This position assists with the recruitment process which includes sourcing candidates, identifying and sharing referrals, and conducting follow-up conversations with interested candidates.
- Consults with clients of MHPPS to identify healthcare professional needs.
- Assists with the writing of position descriptions for purposes of posting and marketing positions to healthcare professionals.
- Utilizes a recruitment software for purposes of posting recruitment opportunities, referrals and the tracking of candidates and clients.
- Maintains recruitment software in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs preliminary screening of candidate applications and interviews qualified candidates via telephone or in-person to assess interests, needs, or priorities and tracks progress in the recruitment database.
- Gathers information through candidate interviews and community profiles to determine compatibility of candidates with particular sites. Provides qualified referrals to clients while maintaining contact with both parties through the selection process.
- Provides technical assistance to clients regarding recruitment, retention strategies and workforce development.
- Partners with necessary MPCA staff to assure the maintenance and upkeep of information and content for the Recruitment and Workforce Development web-site, social media site/s, and marketing and promotional materials.
- Represents MPCA and MHPPS at health care career fairs, health professional conferences, and work-related state, regional and national meetings to recruit potential candidates and clients as requested.
- Accompanies Director of Recruitment and Workforce Development on visits to health professional training programs.
- Gains a broad understanding of various financial-based incentive programs such as: PRIMO, NHSC, SLRP and MCHF.
- Networks with other healthcare recruitment staff, programs, and/or organizations. Examples include AAPPR, MINK, ACU and/or 3R Net.
- Assists with the MO CHC Human Resource Network which includes but is not limited to helping with planning, organizing, and coordinating HR Network activities and meetings.
- Responds to client and candidate inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Recruitment and Workforce Development.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, human resources or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in professional recruitment or equivalent experience in working with non-profit community-based healthcare organizations and professionals is required.
- Knowledge of health care delivery system and the elements of medical practice is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of MPCA and MHPPS.
- Ability to work in a team environment and show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and prioritize individual workload responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively present information in various formats such as: one-on-one, small group, virtually, and/or large public settings.
- Ability to travel to attend meetings including some overnight stays either by personal automobile and/or plane as necessary.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor with internal and external partners.
- Must have a valid Missouri Driver’s License. Must be able to use own automobile and have all liability and other automobile insurance as required by law.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Performing physical activities which require considerable use of your arms and legs for moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and handing of materials.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Job duties will be performed onsite, at the Jefferson City, MO location.
- Travel has temporarily been suspended.
- 15-20% or less. The job may require up to 20% (70 days) of travel per year, after travel suspension has been lifted. Travel will be extensively in Missouri, but also in the United States and internationally.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!