Arrowhead West Inc., - President
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: As negotiated
Reporting Relationship: Board of Directors
Location: Dodge City, KS
The President is the leader, goodwill ambassador and public face and voice of this nonprofit services organization. The President is a servant leader that values and maintains a strong positive culture in the organization. Arrowhead West, Inc., is about people: skilled, dedicated and caring staff who work every day to help persons with disabilities be the best version of themselves. This role has the overall responsibility for the administration of all operations of Arrowhead West, Inc., Community Living Services of Sedgwick County, Inc., and the Arrowhead West Condominium Owner’s Association.
- Provides leadership oversight of all aspects of the organization.
- Promotes the Mission, Vision and Strategies of the organization.
- Serves as the Goodwill Ambassador, public face and voice of the organization.
- Develops a good working relationship with the Board Chair and the Senior Management Team with regular communications and positive working relationships with all Board Members.
- Ensures that each corporation is managed in accordance with Arrowhead West’s corporate policies, licensing standards and other applicable legal requirements.
- Ensures that standards for KDADS licensure and CARF accreditation are met.
- Maintains official records of Arrowhead West to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Supervises the CDDO, attends contract negotiations and CDDO meetings.
- Serves as an officer and voting member of the Board of Directors and all standing committees of the Board.
- Attends the Arrowhead West Endowment Association Board of Directors meetings.
- Assists with recruitment and orientation of new Board members.
- Assists in the formation of official corporate policies. Maintains personnel policies.
- Develops and approves procedures designed to implement Board policy.
- Serves as the official channel of communications between the Board and all staff. Keeps the Board informed. Issues management reports to the Board as required or deemed necessary.
- Supervises the preparation of an annual budget for Board consideration and administers approved budgets.
- Assists the Board in fund raising, community relations and other affairs related to the purposes of Arrowhead West.
- Determines staff organizational structure and lines of authority and communication within agency staff. Exercises overall authority and supervision of all employed personnel.
- Delegates authority through job descriptions and executive orders.
- Approves all staff position descriptions.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field locally, state and nationally.
- Maintains internal and external transparency; communicates clearly and concisely.
- Embraces technological advances to further the work of Arrowhead West.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Board from time to time.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressive management experience, preferably in the arena of rehabilitation programs and/or nonprofit management.
- Board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience required.
- Must live within a thirty (30) mile radius of Dodge City.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Management of a multisite organization is preferred.
- Experience with non-profit management in the state of Kansas is preferred.
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and direct investments in people and systems. Solid analytics, organizational and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus among differing opinions.
- General knowledge and understanding of applicable government relations, legislation and licensing.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills. Experience and proclivity to be a confident, outgoing spokesperson, relationship-builder and fundraiser.
- Successful track record of recruiting and retaining a strong leadership team.
- Strong commitment to life-long learning and the professional development of staff.
- Regularly required to speak and hear, sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to travel, as needed. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with Board, staff, members, clients, donors and guests.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!