CoreFirst - Fraud Specialist
Position: Fraud Specialist
Reports to: BSA/AML Officer
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Perform various duties related to fraud including customer service, research and investigations, and preventive procedures within the BSA and Fraud Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer calls from employees and customers regarding fraud
- Assist customers with lost or stolen account information or ID Theft
- Build and maintain working relationships with all departments for timely resolution to fraud related cases
- Act as Case Manager on all reported thefts and fraud on deposit and credit products; research and investigations, affidavits, follow up with customer, report to BSA; work with detectives at Topeka Police Department or other law enforcement agencies on specific fraud cases; and send letters to close accounts when kiting, fraud, or other concern deems necessary
- Monitor and report all elder abuse cases to Adult Protective Services
- Assist with maintaining Phoenix Fraud Prevention database; enter alerts from TPD, IFO, etc.
- Monitor BAM+ Fraud Software and daily bank reports and research as needed
- Monitor BSA/AML watch accounts for suspicious activity
- Assist with developing and implementing fraud prevention procedures bank wide
- Deliver public presentations on Fraud and Identity Theft
- Attend IFO/IAFCI meetings and report information as needed
- Back up BSA reporting and research
- Achieve and maintain general knowledge of all aspects of the bank and our services in order to create add on sales opportunities and answer customer questions.
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way consistent with the overall mission of the bank
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred; Criminal Justice Degree strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful and confrontation situations
- Ability to relate and empathize with people
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Investigative skills
- Solutions, detail and goal oriented
- Takes Initiative/self-starter
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Professionalism and composure, strong sales awareness, ability to contribute to a motivated environment, ability to monitor key details and set priorities, and goal oriented
Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, CLICK HERE!