KFMC - Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Risk Designation: Moderate
Work Schedule: Mutually determined
Reporting Relationship: Assigned Project Team Manager/Director
This position provides administrative/clerical support to assigned project teams and/or members of Senior Leadership (includes CEO, VP and CFO).
- Transcribe dictation and/or handwritten documents, finalize, copy and distribute.
- Assist with development and revisions to organizational documents, procedures, and manuals.
- Develop and distribute agendas/minutes for assigned meetings, including Board of Trustees and Committee meetings.
- Answer telephone and record messages as requested.
- Coordinate meetings as directed.
- If required, maintain pending and original staff correspondence files.
- Contribute to the achievement of organizational, customer, team, and resource-group goals by demonstrating awareness of and commitment to KFMC Values.
- Service in/out baskets as requested.
- Make travel arrangements and file travel reimbursement paperwork for KFMC teams and other staff, as requested.
- Provide assistance in completing priority and/or special projects.
- Assist other project staff (project specialists and project coordinators) with work overloads.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all activities within area of responsibility.
- Completes all duties as requested by manager or other team members as needed.
- High school/GED or vocational school graduate with emphasis on basic spelling and grammar, word processing, transcription, and Business English.
- Three years’ office/professional experience is required.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and telephone inter-personal communication skills.
- High level of computer proficiency for word processing, data entry, spreadsheet/data analysis and chart preparation a plus.
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Work cooperatively with the team members to carry out requests on a timely basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of business grammar, spelling, proofreading, and editing.
- Ability to organize and maintain files, calendars, and schedules.
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions, and assume initiative as necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication to ensure effective internal and external communications.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information in which this position may have access to.
- Support in some areas requires outside contact with travel agencies and hotel sales/catering managers.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel as directed by position requirements.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!