Kaw Valley Bank - Branch Manager
Position Title: Branch Manager
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Chief Operating Officer
The Branch Manager is responsible for performing supervisory and administrative functions to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of branch operations. The Branch Manager promotes a superior service environment which ensures optimal delivery of customer services in conformance with established Kaw Valley Bank (“Bank”) policies, strategies, and procedures. The Branch Manager will establish and uphold legendary customer service, control expenses, coordinate the efforts of staff to ensure branch and bank goals and objectives are met while contributing to the overall bank strategic plan. This position contributes to the overall growth, stability, and profitability of the Bank and must perform all functions in a highly accurate manner which will safeguard the bank’s assets and provide effective, quality service to the customers.
- Promotes a superior service environment which ensures optimal delivery of customer services in conformance with established Bank policies, strategies, and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing and tracking the overall growth, stability, and profitability of the Branch.
- Performs all functions in a very accurate manner which will safeguard the bank’s assets and will provide effective, quality service to the customers.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of services by assigned staff.
- Provides ongoing training, coaching, development, counseling and motivation for branch personnel.
- Schedules and directs workflow for full-time and part-time employees which includes providing staff coverage to ensure the branch runs efficiently.
- Responsible for hiring, administering corrective actions up to and including termination.
- Evaluates staff’s work performance by preparing annual reviews and recommending salary increases.
- Coaching staff to ensure branch objectives are met.
- Provides efficient training to staff in operations and policies and conducts staff meetings
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Hiring staff and heading the onboarding and staff training process.
- Building a good rapport with customers and the community through networking events. This includes after hours as well as during business hours.
- Creating and implementing strategies and/or activities to improve productivity and sales performance in efforts to achieve the financial targets of the branch.
- Establishes, maintains and builds upon existing and new customer relationships.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years of experience within the banking industry.
- Proven knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
- Possess a working knowledge of all teller, customer service functions and banking operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs necessary to open accounts along with an ability to operate a 10-key calculator with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize resources and assess the situations to make sound judgements.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Click here to apply!