Kaw Valley Bank - Trust Officer
Title: Trust Officer
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: CEO
This position is a senior level position with responsibility for the management of a full-service Trust Department. This position has supervision over a team of two employees in the areas of personal trust, employee benefits trust, corporate trust, trust administration and trust operations.
- Manage all trust department lines of business, including personal trust, employee benefits trust, corporate trust, and investment brokerage.
- Hire, manage, and conduct routine performance evaluations for employees, address all personnel matters.
- Set budget and manage profitability of trust and investment divisions.
- Personal trust account administration.
- Manage investments for all discretionary trust accounts.
- Market trust services.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all trust policies and procedures.
- Prepare for and participate in audits and regulatory examinations.
- Facilitates payment of debts, liquidation of liabilities, and disbursement of funds as needed by the beneficiaries and conditions of the trust.
- Prepares, files, and pays or oversees preparation and payment of applicable state and federal taxes for the trust.
- Promotes the banks trust services to clients, community members, and business associates.
- Serve as Chair of the Trust Committee.
- Provide, (if attorney), advice and counsel regarding various legal matters, account ownership titling, estate matters, safe deposit box issues, abandoned property issues, as needed.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics; legal degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in all aspects of Trust Services with emphasis on investment management and personal trust administration.
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and financial instruments is required.
- Must be able to perform under pressure. Must be highly motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, and high analytical.
- Must have good time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication abilities.
- High level of computer skills with advanced knowledge of various computer programs necessary to prepare trust documents along with the ability to operate a 10-key calculator with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and otherwise communicate with customers in English.
- Must demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance, and attitude, and follow policies and procedures.
- Must maintain customer confidentiality and department integrity.
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to lifting, filing, and the retrieval and operation of office equipment.
- A person in this position will need to be very mobile to use and disseminate records.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Frequent contact with customers to provide customer service and business development; limited contact with other financial institutions to inquire, re-register, open or close accounts. Frequent contact with various accountants, attorney, and brokers.
- Outside travel is required for required meetings, seminars, conferences.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!