DL Smith Electric - CAD Technician
Job Title: CAD Technician (for Power PreFab)
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Salary: $40-$62k annually, plus benfits
(salary dependent on skill level and experience)
About Us: Power PreFab, LLC is a manufacturing company that produces engineered UL-Listed electrical systems for use in the construction industry. We engineer, and fabricate complete wiring systems and assemblies for electrical contractors throughout the United States. Power PreFab was formed in 2014 by DL Smith Electric, a 50-year old large electrical contracting Midwest business known for innovative approaches and industry leading advances in prefabrication.
Primary Accountabilities: The CAD Technician is primarily responsible for technical CAD work in preparing electrical design and layout of prefabrication details for local fabricators and installation drawings for the buyers installing crews.
- Utilizes Autodesk Revit and AutoCad software, Bluebeam, as primary means of creating detail fabrication drawings for installation crews.
- Inputs finalized design into Fabrication Management software, produce fabrication documentation, and provide supplemental support to Production Foreman as needed.
- Manages prioritized detailing support for multiple projects with ability to adjust workloads and schedules based on the fast-paced construction industry.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent required.
- Graduation from an accredited Technical School Program or an Associates of Technology Degree in CAD Technology preferred.
- Must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience with building CAD design, with MEP knowledge as a preference.
- Strong math and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook)
- Working knowledge and direct experience with Revit, AutoCad. Bluebeam experience a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgement with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of DL Smith Electric.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!