TMTA - Chief Financial Officer
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Description: Current as of September 2021
Reports to: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Benefit Package: Yes
Education Required: Degreed Professional with Accounting Emphasis
Experience: Public Administration Preferred
Minimum Age: 21 Position
Status: Fulltime (may require some evening and weekend hours as needed)
To coordinate, organize, and perform complex professional accounting and budgeting work in the computation, recording, and reporting of financial transactions for the Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Proven experience coordinating and directing the fiscal accounting and reporting functions within a relevant business or governmental entity with emphasis on payroll, contract compliance, fund accounting and forecasting.
- Experience developing line item annual budgets.
- Applied knowledge in analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial data to ensure compliance of all state and federal regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and ability to provide guidance to division managers, supervisors, and support personnel.
- Confident and persuasive communicator both orally and in writing. Ability to present and explain financial results and analysis to executive level management and board of directors.
- Public procurement and government grant experience preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and/or oversees all agency accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Cash Management, J/E, G/L, Asset Management, and F/S.
- Prepares and submits all required governmental grant and fiscal reports by their due date.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget with the assistance of division managers, and prepare financial forecasts as required.
- Analyzes, interprets and administers laws and regulations relating to accounting and budgetary systems as they relate to a transit authority.
- Plans and develops procedures for preparing fiscal reports, and maintain centralized control of all financial records.
- Manages daily cash flow to ensure availability and security of funds, and maximize investment earnings.
- Directs the work of financial personnel.
- Performs and/or oversees all purchasing, ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs duties associated with project management to ensure that projects are completed correctly, on time, and on budget.
- Serves as the Treasurer to the Governing Board.
- Develops, prepares and maintains written procedures for all functions.
- Monitors company insurance policies to ensure appropriate asset and liability coverage.
- Prepares annual audit material, and serves as contact for the single auditor.
- Oversees preparation and compliance with all governmental audits and reviews.
- Manages all grants from federal, state and local granting agencies.
- Ensures compliance with DBE, Buy America, and Debarment/Suspension requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Predominately sedentary and requires minimal or negligible physical assertion; however, may require moderate lifting up to forty (40) lbs., occasionally.
- Environmental conditions involve typical office levels of temperature, ventilation, and lighting; with occasional driving and traveling.
Topeka Metro is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, CLICK HERE!