Humanities Kansas - Office Manager
Title: Office Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 A. M.-5:00 P.M.
Location: Humanities Kansas Office - Topeka, KS
Salary: $42-$45K, hiring range
- Serves as the entry contact for Humanities Kansas, including walk-in traffic and performs general office duties.
- Assists with vendor communications, including orders.
- Manages database recordkeeping and communications with third-party vendor.
- Manages IT relationship and communications with third-party vendor.
- Maintains online calendar of events.
- Communicates with constituents through print, email, phone, social media, or as needed.
- Coordinates and assists on marketing promotions and fundraising, including e-newsletter formatting, blogging, donor mailing campaigns, and other promotions as needed.
- Coordinates, writes, and posts social media content.
- Assists in planning events and meetings for board of directors and other constituents, including: Zoom invites, assembling materials, and recording minutes as needed.
- Maintains board membership and organizations files.
- Assists with government reports.
- Formats, distributes, and files Press Releases.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- At least three (3) year of full-time administrative experience is preferred.
- Experience and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and MAC based platform required.
- Demonstrated database management skills, ideally experience with FileMaker Pro.
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle both internal and external customers.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds and traverse flights of stairs.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work evenings, as needed.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- On-site work location, at the Humanities Kansas office.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job- related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!