Foust Fleet Leasing - Controller
Job Title: Controller
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Accountabilities: The Controller oversees functions in accounting within Foust Fleet Services, LLC (“FFS”) and performs the following duties personally or through tasks delegated to employees.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by accurately and courteously addressing customer questions and processing customer requests
- Become proficient with vehicle fleet accounting software.
- Collect payments and apply payments, billing, and some title and tagging duties.
- Performs accounting function of FFS, including general ledger, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, accruals, account reconciliation, and bond accounting.
- Enters general ledger entries.
- Distributes investment income to various accounts, according to budgeted percentages, to compile investment journals.
- Reviews statements of transactions such as purchases and sales of securities, compares items with records to verify accuracy.
- Prepares month-end financial statements and graphs for management; researches and explains any unusual items or discrepancies.
- Assists in year-end financial statements and related work papers; works with accountant to ensure timely preparation of financial statements for the stockholders meeting.
- Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality; displaying discretion in discussing customer information; obtaining proper information and paperwork to complete transactions; following FFS policies and regulations. Ensures all employees follow FFS policies and regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate’s Degree in a business-related discipline with three (3) years of experience.
- High level of computer skills with advanced knowledge of various computer programs.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.
- Outside travel is required when visiting clients’ operations or places of business.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!