Capper Foundation - Intake Coordinator
Job Title: Intake Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Reporting Relationship: Executive Vice President & CFO
Primary Accountabilities: The Intake Coordinator position impacts the agency referral process and centralized intake system. This position maximizes opportunities for individuals and/or their families to gain access to the organization’s programs and services. This position directs the intake processes and procedures of the organization.
- Receive initial calls from persons inquiring about services/supports. Represent Capper Foundation services, determine the need for services and route requests to the appropriate services within Capper Foundation and/or make referral to other community resources.
- Process referrals by gathering demographic information and referral responses. Discuss financial arrangements and payment method and/or billing source.
- Schedule individual appointments for outpatient services in coordination with clinical staff and the individual’s support network
- Coordinate data entry into the client management system with responsible staff. Work closely with management in order to maximize the system benefits.
- Update agency intake policies and procedures. Compile and report agency statistics for Capper Foundation services to the Senior Management Team.
- Communicate information and recommendations to management and staff as appropriate regarding effective procedures and systems for referrals, scheduling, service tracking and billing.
- Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Receives initial calls from persons inquiring about adult services/supports. Refers back to CDDO as needed.
- Schedule tours for Targeted Case Managers, family members and individuals needing services/supports, highlighting the areas of needs/wants for the individual.
- Process referrals by gathering demographic and information on current services. Discuss financial arrangements with focus being on Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver funding and private pay.
- Participate in transition a meeting, ensuring required documentation is provided to Capper Foundation.
- Review applicants for services with appropriate Adult Services staff to ensure Capper Foundation level of capacity to meet each individual’s needs.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have a valid, Kansas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Pass a drug screen and background checks per agency procedures.
- Customer service experience required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in data management and computerized information systems preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and interruptions required.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!