Cavanaugh, Biggs & Lemon P.A. - Legal Assistant
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Reports To: Tom Lemon
Location: Topeka, KS
The Legal Assistant will provide outstanding (timely, accurate, and value added) support service to aid Cavanaugh, Biggs and Lemon, P.A. in assisting its clients. Primary objectives include working with court filing systems and preparing correspondence with clients and other attorneys. Secondary objectives include assistance with substantive legal projects and completion of routine legal paperwork. In addition, the Legal Assistant may assist with special assignments, as needed.
- Assists in preparing court documents and filing.
- Drafts routine correspondence to various parties.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences.
- Proofreads and corrects written materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, and content.
- Provides general administrative and clerical functions.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience Needed
- Prefer one (1) to three (3) years of work experience in a law office working with legal forms and documents.
- Must possess knowledge of correct English usage, spelling and legal terminology.
- Must possess knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn other systems as necessary.
- Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact.
- Must possess some proficiency in typing.
- Must possess ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Must possess ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Must possess ability to work independently and participate effectively as a team member.
- Must possess ability to take initiative and desire to grow as a professional.
- Must possess ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of internal and external parties.
- Must be detail oriented, motivated and quality oriented.
- Must possess professional approach and appearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and clients.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
To apply, CLICK HERE!