KAIA - Marketing Coordinator
Job Position: Marketing Coordinator
Compensation: Commensurate with experience [Range: $45K-$55K]
Location: Topeka, KS
Position Description: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing the association’s marketing initiatives. They coordinate with the staff members to development and implement the organization’s overall strategic marketing plan promoting products, services, and events to members and targeted new business prospects. Utilizing consistent messaging and branding, the Marketing Coordinator tells the story of KAIA and the value of membership.
The core job responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator include the following:
- Communicate with colleagues to understand the marketing needs of the association and to develop and implement an annual marketing plan and editorial calendar.
- Design marketing content and materials to promote membership, products and services, networking events and education resources.
- Manage KAIA’s website and social media channels to maximize engagement.
- Oversee the production of association newsletters and bi-monthly magazine.
- Maintain accurate and segmented distribution lists from the Association Management System.
- Support KAIA’s industry partner program by creating visibility for participants with members.
- Proactively review new and existing marketing resources provided by the Big “I” national association to utilize in our marketing efforts.
- Assist in the rollout of new products and services.
- Stay informed on the latest trends in digital marketing and SEO.
- Coordinate content and layout of publications including magazine and newsletters. Maintain an annual editorial calendar and coordinate with staff for content. Assist in the strategy for increasing advertising revenue.
- Support the growth and retention of Industry Partners by proactively promoting them in association publications, including developing and administering a schedule of partners to be featured in publications.
- Create, prepare and deliver reports as necessary for the Board, staff and other stakeholders.
- Build positive relationships with members through daily interactions and participation at KAIA events.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related marketing and communication experience preferred.
- Graphic design, website development, and digital marketing experience skills required.
- Superior writing with knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with online marketing platform such as Constant Contact or similar platform preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and proficient in MS office.
- A team-oriented, effective communicator with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to meet deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Knowledgeable about the latest trends in digital marketing and SEO.
- A positive, creative, energetic, and team-oriented person the works well with others.
- Must be comfortable interacting/networking with members and industry partners.
- Ability to research topics and solve problems.
- Limited travel required, potentially overnight
- Valid drivers license
- Lift and move items up to 40 lbs.
- Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to concentrate on detailed information
- Ability to work on the computer for hours at a time
- Bend, kneel and reach items
- Frequent use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Must be able to speak and listen effectively
- Vision abilities for close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter, resume and design/writing samples.