NATM - TRACKS Editor
Company: National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM)
Job Title: TRACKS Editor
Job Classification: Non-exempt, Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Topeka, KS
This position serves as the editor of TRACKS, the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers’ (hereinafter “NATM”) bi-monthly magazine and oversees NATM’s advertising program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and carries out the NATM advertising program for all publications, both print and digital. Solicits advertising and maintains advertising contracts, working with NATM staff to ensure contract fulfillment. Works with the Office Manager/Bookkeeper to invoice advertisers.
- Runs analytics for online advertising to share with prospective advertisers.
- Contributes articles and blog posts monthly to the NATM eNewsletter, NATM Insider
- Researches and writes articles and looks for ways to improve and increase editorial content.
- Manages both internal and external writers for article submissions, Sends reminders to contributors with copy deadlines.
- Visits members to conduct interviews, writes member profiles and product profiles both virtually and in-person.
- Solicits articles for the magazine from the association membership, reputable organizations, and industry experts.
- Creates the layout for the magazine in Adobe InDesign, ensuring all ads are placed accurately and not more than 50% of the content is advertising.
- Edits all images as necessary to be included in the publication using Adobe Photoshop.
- Oversees all stages of proofreading, editing and rewriting of Association content. All ads and articles should be proofed prior to placing in the layout. Ensures that staff proofreads layouts.
- Ensures that TRACKS is completed and in the mail by the middle of the first month of each bi-monthly issue.
- Writes and submits press releases on behalf of the Association.
- Travels to cover key association events such as the annual Convention & Trade Show, Regulatory Roundup, Trailer Safety Week and onsite educational events.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; OR
- Four years of related experience and/or training; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe products including InDesign and photoshop strongly preferred.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Exhibit confidence in leadership and motivate others to perform well.
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures while working within the approved budget.
- Ability to make decisions while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to set goals and objectives with the motivation to overcome challenging obstacles.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional approach and appearance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Occasionally sit
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally travel
- Professional environment in an office setting; and
- Interaction with staff and customers.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
To apply, CLICK HERE!