NATM - Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Company: National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM)
Job Title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Job Classification: Exempt, Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Topeka, KS
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (hereinafter “NATM”) by collecting, recording, reconciling and summarizing financial information, entering data and preparing invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by reconciling balances, preparing journal entries, and maintaining journal entries by entering and editing data.
- Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, following policies and procedures and ensuring that all information is kept confidential.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting and summarizing account information.
- Maintains accurate account codes, completes financial transactions by accurately coding all revenues and expenses, preparing payments and deposits and obtaining authorizations.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll, keeping all payroll information confidential.
- Prepares, files and submits payment for federal, state and payroll taxes. Taxes include: KS Unemployment Form, KS Withholding Tax Form KW-5, Employers Quarterly Federal Tax Return Form 941, Employers Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Form 940, KS Retailers’ Sales Tax Form ST-6, KS Consumers’ Compensating Use Tax Form CT-10U and Request for Taxpayer Identification Number Form 1099/W9.
- Work with accounting firm on annual internal financial audit.
- HR responsibilities include processing all new employees by completing the required HR forms and review of employee benefits and office procedures. Manage enrollment in group health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) and optional Aflac policies. Maintain employee records.
- Assist the Executive Director with any Workers Comp claims.
- Assist the Executive Director with supervision over administrative personnel and all other staff to ensure adequate staffing and that all NATM programs are carried out in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- Five years of related experience; OR
- Vocational training or college course work may be substituted for work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Software including QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures while working within the approved budget.
- Exhibit confidence in leadership and demonstrate ability to motivate others to perform well.
- Ability to make decisions while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to set goals and objectives with the motivation to overcome challenging obstacles.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Occasionally sit
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally travel
- Professional environment in an office setting; and
- Interaction with staff and customers.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
To apply, CLICK HERE!