JB Pearl - Operator - Saint Marys, KS
Company: JB Pearl Sales and Services
Job Title: Operator
Job Classification: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Operations Manager
Location: Saint Marys, KS
Salary: $40,000-$60,000 – negotiable based on experience
The Operator is responsible for planning, directing, executing and coordinating the operations of the facility under the direction of the Operations Manager. The position is responsible for ensuring execution and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of organizational operations through toe provision and implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Coordinates, manages and monitors the work of employees including the quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Liaison with Operations Manager which includes assisting in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Develops personnel capabilities including coaching, training, performance management and assigning key tasks.
- Participates in the development and execution of employee performance evaluation process.
- Implements and manages operational plans.
- Manages all aspects of customer support.
- Monitors and makes suggestions for improvement of the efficiency of support services.
- Assists in the recruitment of required staff.
- Manages maintenance of equipment and machinery as well as managing care of all company equipment by employees.
- Exhibits leadership effectiveness through problem solving, issue resolution ad conflict management.
- Ensures quality delivery of products and services.
- Monitors adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Attends training meetings as requested.
- Maintains facilities, equipment, and warehouse as assigned. Reports any unsafe working conditions to Operations Manager.
- Maintains and utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the job and individual situations.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must meet minimum age requirement of eighteen (18) years.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to earn and maintain Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Forklift driver certification.
- Knowledge and/or experience of agricultural equipment and operations.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to meet DOT and Company requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain consistently positive attitude and outlook.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience.
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals and fertilizer products.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Applicator’s Certification License.
- Farming background.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, click here!