StepStone - Community Outreach Liaison
Job Title: Community Outreach Liaison
Schedule: 20-25 hours/week
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-time
Reporting Relationship: Director of Development
Location: Wichita, KS
The StepStone Community Outreach Liaison plays a pivotal role in establishing and maintaining positive relationships between our organization and the local community. This individual will engage with community members, organizations, and stakeholders to foster collaboration, enhance the organization's reputation, and promote its mission and values. The Community Outreach Liaison will work closely with various departments to ensure effective communication and alignment of community engagement efforts.
- Develop and execute community outreach strategies to promote the organization's mission, programs, and initiatives.
- Cultivate relationships with local community members, leaders, organizations, and key stakeholders to identify shared goals and opportunities for collaboration.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in community events, workshops, and seminars to raise awareness and provide valuable information to community members about StepStone’s services.
- Represent the organization at external meetings, conferences, and networking events to build partnerships and advocate for StepStone's interests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to integrate community feedback into program development, ensuring responsiveness to community needs and preferences.
- Manage communication channels, including social media, newsletters, and websites, to disseminate information about StepStone's activities and engage the community.
- Monitor community sentiment and feedback and provide insights and recommendations to improve community relations and outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain a database of community contacts, partners, and collaborators for future engagement and collaboration.
- Prepare reports and presentations on community outreach activities, outcomes, and impact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay informed about local trends, issues, and events that may affect the organization's relationship with the community.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, community development, or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience in community outreach, public relations, or a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage with diverse audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms, content management systems, and other communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and with external partners.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of local community dynamics, challenges, and opportunities.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for community events and activities.
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds occasionally and up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently.
- Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
- Ability to climb multiple levels of stairs.
- Inside/indoor office environment which provides protection from weather condition, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and community.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and references. Application deadline is September 8, 2023.
To apply, click here!