Harris Fabrication: CAD Drafter/Designer
Job Title: CAD Drafter/Designer
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: Engineering Manager
Primary Accountabilities: The CAD Drafter/Designer is primarily responsible for technical CAD work in preparing structural steel and sheet metal design and layout of fabrication details for our fabricators and welders.
- Uses 3D modeling software to create customers’ projects virtually.
- Ensures model critical dimensions are accurate and reflect the customer’s prints and verifies accuracy of the models.
- Creates detailed shop drawings from 3D models and communicates to shop personnel regarding construction.
- Prints and organizes paper and electronic copies of shop drawings to allow easy assembly for shop personnel.
- Creates DXF files for laser-cut parts.
- Creates STP files for beam processor parts.
- Reviews projects, determines material quantities required for projects, and assists Sales Department with estimates.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent required.
- Graduation from an accredited Technical School Program or an Associates of Technology Degree in CAD Technology preferred.
- Must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience with building CAD design, with Mechanical, Structural, Sheet Metal, and Fabrication knowledge as a preference.
- Strong math and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook)
- Working knowledge and direct experience with Solid Edge, Solid Works, AutoCad 3D, and/or Inventor. Tekla experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgement with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of Harris Fabrication.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, shop drawings, catalogs, and email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift and move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in a production setting.
- Interaction with co-workers and customers.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!