Latimer, Sommers, and Associates, P.A. - Revit/AutoCAD Drafting Technician
Company: Latimer, Sommers, and Associates, P.A. (LSA)
Job Title: Revit/AutoCAD Drafting Technician
Job Classification: Hourly, Full-time
Work Schedule: 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday
Office Locations: Topeka, KS and Overland Park, KS
Latimer, Sommers & Associates, P.A. (LSA) is seeking a Drafting Technician for its Topeka, KS and Overland Park, KS locations. Members of LSA’s drafting team translate the engineers’ designs into consistent, easy-to-read construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit software programs. The documents produced provide clarity for building contractors and are a key element in the bidding process. The selected candidate for the position will receive on the job training with Revit/AutoCAD software programs utilized by LSA to convey engineering designs with quality construction documents and drawings. The candidate will gain a diverse knowledge of building MEP systems from working closely with engineers.
LSA is a professional engineering firm specializing in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Telecommunications systems design. The firm has roots in Northeast Kansas and has been established for over 65 years. LSA performs design and consulting work in more than 35 states across the nation, generating a diverse portfolio of projects. With a total of 26 employees, a focused and supportive work environment can be expected.
- Produce CAD/Revit drawings and details, coordinate 3D models and families of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other MEP systems from engineer redlines and input following company standards.
- Report to CAD/BIM manager for daily/hourly tasks.
- Participate in ongoing training for CAD and Revit software.
- Coordinate and work collectively with other drafting team members.
- Contribute to team development and template standardization used in creating consistent drawings and designs.
- Revise existing construction documents to incorporate changes for distribution.
- Review finished drawings for compliance with company CAD/Revit standards.
- Utilize basic software systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook email, PC file structure.
- Understand importance of responsibility, quality control, accuracy, and completing tasks on time.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Understanding of drafting related measurements and geometry.
- Experience/Education using Autodesk AutoCAD/Revit software.
- Understanding of PC operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Enrolled in or completed a 2-year technical or associate degree/program in related field.
- Understanding of construction drawings and MEP systems.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
What We Offer:
- 401k retirement plan – company matching program and profit sharing (eligibility after 1 year).
- Health insurance – company provided premium reimbursement (variable per employment time).
- Dental insurance – company provided premium reimbursement.
- Flexible spending account with Medical and Dependent Care coverage.
- Company paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Accidental Death Policies.
- Company sponsored events and team building activities.
- Office sports league team.
- Paid vacation time.
- Potential for overtime pay.
- Potential remote work options after appropriate training period.
- Per hour pay commensurate with experience.
To apply, click here!